Friday, June 18, 2010

Thing #8: Wiki wiki teaching.

I think that blogs and wikis are very practical communication tools that we can use to better teach and know our student's factual needs. I noticed that most of the wikis that I observed are organized in a predictable manner, which provides more probability to find what we are looking for. Some others  were over-saturated and were hard and tedious to read. I would rather place links on the side to have the information handy and organized rather than all stacked in the same place. I will start a wiki for my class about reading. It will have a space for my students to share their comments on the books they are reading, as well as a space for them to write questions about those books for their peers to answer when it is their time to read them.

3 comments:

  1. You need to add a little detail about the "three wikis that you actually investigated -- e.g. What did you notice about their organization, content, tools used, learning outcomes? What was missing? What could you do differently or better?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The use of the Wiki is one effective use I plan to carry over into the classroom with my fourth graders next year. Since we will both be at Galloway, let's stay connected. Yes? Your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to stay connected, I could not see your name, are you going to be new at Galloway or I know you?
    Thank you for your comments!

    ReplyDelete