Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thing #5: Of Creativity and Art from Students 2.0

I read the article of creativity and art by Morgante Pell. It was very interesting to see his output about how creativity cannot be just taught because of its nature.  I think that a person can develop their ability and some are born with more creativity than others, but you cannot only teach creativity to a human being per-se. We as teachers can have our students working in art projects that can enhance their creativity through time, but it would be almost impossible for a teacher to focus their teaching and force her students to become creative just for the sake of it, as Pell said “creativity can be practiced but not taught.”


http://students2oh.org/2008/11/19/of-creativity-art/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Students2oh+%28Students+2.0%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

2 comments:

  1. I am one of those that was not born with much (if any) creativity in me. I am a very factual person and have a really hard time when I am faced with a situation where I have to come up with something on my own. I have struggled with this my whole life. I hated having to go to art class in elementary school because it was something that I didn't feel I was successful at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you commented on this article. This is not one I would have chosen myself; however, I really enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete